20150319

Spring Fragrance by Philosophy | Review




Philosophy has to be one of my favourite brands for incredible-smelling bath and body products so when they released the Fresh Cream fragrance (£34) I knew I had to have it! Amazingly Boots have a 3 for 2 across all Philosophy products so I picked up one for me, one for my mum and then for my third option (seeing as it was the free one and costs the same as the other two I'd got) I also chose the Amazing Grace fragrance (£32).

I must admit I'm very fussy when it comes to fragrances and often find myself not liking some of the most popular ones out there, so I tend to stick to what I know. During the winter months I've been enjoying my absolute favourite: the Laura Mercier Eau Gourmande Fragrance in Creme de Pistache, however I thought it was going to be a little heavy for Spring/Summer so I set out on a mission to find something sweet and yummy but a little lighter. I did check out the new DKNY Be Delicious range however they smelled slightly too sweet and artificial for my liking. After reading about Fresh Cream I decided to get that instead. It's exactly what I'd been looking for! Its light and fresh but still has that yummy indulgence to it. 

Amazing Grace isn't something I'd ever usually pick up, on the other hand, however I'm really enjoying using it and I think during the height of summer this will be my go-to. It's a very clean, fresh scent but has this real femininity to it. Sorry I'm awful at describing fragrances! Just imagine a pure, clear body of water with water lilies floating on top, but in fragrance form...and that's it! I think it's a really universal scent and I could imagine women of any age really loving it.

I really appreciate the elegant simplicity of the packaging and the little 'Philosophy' blurb that sums up the concept behind the fragrance. I think these would look lovely on any dressing table.

The only negative I have (and this goes for both of the fragrances) is that they don't last all day. Unfortunately I find myself struggling to smell them after the 6 hour mark, whereas with the Laura Mercier Eau Gourmande I could apply it at 7am and still be able to smell it when I collapsed into bed at 11pm.


Overall I love Fresh Cream and Amazing Grace is also well worth a look. I'd definitely recommend catching the Philosophy 3 for 2 at Boots whilst you can too.

Have you tried Philosophy's fragrances before? What's your go-to scent for Spring?

 


Don't forget to follow me on:
Share:

30 comments

  1. Have never tried anything from this brand but I am loving the Body Shop White Musk at the moment but as you said it doesn't last long either :(

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it seems to be a problem with these light eau de toilette type fragrances :( xx

      Delete
  2. I just discovered Crabtree & Evelyn and I loooove it!
    Pear & Pink Magnolia <3<3

    Xoxo Colli TOBEYOUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh Cream sounds delicious! Need to go and try that as I love the Philosophy fragrances. My only thing is I can't stand ones that don't last on me, which is why I usually opt for heavier eau de parfum instead of toilette!

    Kat | www.kathorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm it really is :) and I know what you mean, most eau de toilettes don't seem to last xx

      Delete
  4. Oooh Amazing Grace sounds gorgeous! I haven't tried any of Philosophy's fragrances but will keep an eye out for that xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried this one before, for S/S i love Next perfumes and my Versace Bright Crystal x
    Emmys Blog | Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Next for perfumes before! xx

      Delete
  6. I have a sample of Amazing Grace and I love the name and the fresh scent. I am like you as well on it not being the kind of fragrance I will pick up immediately but it's a perfect light Spring Fragrance....xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Philosophy is such a great brand, have loved so many of their products over the years. It's a shame the fragrances don't last all day though, that's such a bug bear for me. Amazing review lovely :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean! Still very glad I ventured into their fragrance range :) xx

      Delete
  8. I think it was Eternal Grace that I loved - the green one? These ones sound lovely too, such a good offer. I finished it a while ago so right now i'm using either my Vera Wang Princess or my Jimmy Choo perfumes :)

    Roxie ♥
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried any Philosophy products but the scent Amazing Grace sounds like something I would love for Summer, need to check it out in my local Boots :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always loved Philosophy, their scents are so underrated!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Philosophy, my favourite scent from them is Pure Grace which I am obsessed with!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had a smell of that one - so pure and clean :) xx

      Delete
  12. I haven't tried any fragrances from Philosophy but you have piqued my interest with Fresh Cream! I may go for Laura Mercier first though after reading that it lasts for absolute hours! x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it seriously does even though it's only an eau de toilette too! xx

      Delete
  13. I need to try them, sound good :)

    I'm running a GHD eclipse giveaway, if you're interested, check this link:
    little taste of heaven

    ReplyDelete
  14. the packaging is so beautiful! X

    lanaalicewilman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. These both sound absolutely divine, I wasn't too sure I would like the sound of either x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I read and appreciate every single one :)

There's no need to spam - I will check out your blog if you leave a click-able link under a genuine comment!

If you have a question please check back for my reply or tweet me @jasminetalksblg

xx

© Jasmine Talks Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig