20150302

New Zoeva Rose Golden Volume 2 Luxury Brush Set & Holder | Review




I don't know why it took me until 2015 to get myself some Zoeva brushes but I've not looked back once! Now they're back with two beautiful Spring-ready sets with powder nude brush handles and of course the Rose Gold finish. 




I was going to get the eye set but the contour brush tipped it and I picked up the regular Rose Golden Volume 2 and the holder, which are available as a bundle for £59. I love the holder as the clear acrylic goes with my Muji drawers and the embossed-style pattern is rose gold, matching perfectly with my lamp. It's a little awkward to display this smaller number of brushes in it due to the pot's dimensions. However if you have the original set or if you also got yourself the eye version it works much better with more brushes in it. I loved the look of the eyeshadow palette but after my Makeup Collection and Storage post I've put myself on an eyeshadow palette ban! Seeing it all laid out like that made me acknowledge I have far too many...


I love a flat foundation brush so the Buffer was one I was very excited to take for a spin. Whilst it doesn't quite apply things as streak-free as my Nanshy one, it's so incredibly soft and really gives you that flawless finish with a high coverage foundation.


The Luxe Cheek Finish brush I much prefer to the blusher brush in the original set. Personally I still prefer the one I have from Real Techniques as I often struggle to get a nice even application of blusher onto my combination skin and synthetic brushes seem to work better. Saying that, it's still a really nice brush and the domed shape is different to anything else I own.


Luxe Face Paint was a large factor in me choosing this set so my expectations were high! I can tell you this does not disappoint! The squared tip is perfect for getting defined cheekbones and this paired with the new Barry M Chiselled Contour kit is killer. I would still use the Face Shape brush from the original to contour anywhere else but this is seriously foolproof.


A real highlight of the set for me was the Luxe Crease brush, which is the same shape as the crease brush in the original set but much larger. They're both great to be honest, and despite the size difference I do tend to use them in the same way.


I originally used Brow Line for the eyebrow wax, however I've since discovered I prefer it for a more precise application of a powder. It's not life-changing but it's nice.


The Luxe Smoky Shader does the job it claims to. It's perfect for adding that darker shade to the outer part of your eyelid and transitioning it into the other colours.


The Smudger is one that's kind of hard to get too excited over, however it's really nice for taking a darker shade across the lower lash line.


I do really like the Winged Liner brush but I was a little disappointed at the repetition. I wouldn't use it for my eyebrows as this kit already has that base covered and unlike eyeshadow brushes there's not much call to have duplicates in your collection. Maybe if you use a powder/wax combo you could use Brow Line for powder and Winged Liner for wax. If you don't own the original it's a great brush to get the perfect sharp wing look with cream or gel formulas.  


A very slight criticism is that I'm not too wild about the metallic pink pouch this one comes with and I think it would've been nicer to have a soft faux leather finish in the powder nude colour of the handles. However given that it's essentially free, I really can't complain too much! I think there are some gorgeous little touches to these such as the engravings that you don't get on the originals, however they're the same price.

I was pleasantly surprised at how fast these arrived given it was international shipping; they were with me just a couple of days after ordering.

For me, these are brushes for the beauty-lover. I wouldn't really say that if you're investing in your first proper brush set that this is the one for you, I'd probably recommend the original over this (post here). As for which I prefer, I really can't decide! They're both great and I feel as though Zoeva have been smart and picked brushes that add something extra to your collection even if you own the originals.



Overall these get a big thumbs up from me!

Do you own the original set? Will you be picking up some of the new ones?


 


Don't forget to follow me on:
Share:

63 comments

  1. I don't own any of these brushes and tend to stick to the RT ones but I think these are so pretty. I was going to get some but not in a set as I have so many brushes that I have bought in sets that I don't use. But the rose gold is lovely :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Real Techniques too and I know what you mean - luckily lots of these are available alone but the Rose Gold finish is stunning! xx

      Delete
  2. I wish I didn't have so many brushes as it would be nice to treat myself to these. I prefer the original rose gold edition and I may just get it once and for all!!! The brush holder however looks so pretty!!...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the holder would go perfectly with the originals too :) xx

      Delete
  3. These brushes look incredibly feminine and beautiful that I want them, purely for the esthetic :)

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stunning - the amazing quality is a bonus too ;) xx

      Delete
  4. Wow! I have the original, and you've just sold me the new one! I really need some dollar!! Haha!

    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the selection is so good it doesn't even matter if you have the first set :) xx

      Delete
  5. These brushes are so beautiful, just wish they sold them separately as I just don't need most of the brushes in the set sadly x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - my eyes nearly fell out of my head when I saw this picture on my feed...they are gorgeous!! I don't need them but oh boy, I definitely want them! :) Great review xx

    Brenda BusyBee | Bella & Bear Pro Makeup Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish they sold the rose gold brushes separately. I adore Zoeva though and they're such an amazing brand for quality brushes x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Zoeva too - I could happily buy all of their range! xx

      Delete
  8. I adore the look of these, I have the original Rose Gold set which I absolutely adore but I definitely need to treat myself to this set. Especially because of the contour brush! Great post :) x

    Jordan | Keep Dreaming ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still don't own any Zoeva brushes but I'm saving up for a set! I'm not sure whether to pick this or the original, but both sound amazing. The Luxe Face Paint brush looks amazing!

    UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a standout brush for me! You could always get the original and but the regular single Face Paint brush! xx

      Delete
  10. These look gorgeous! I am a sucker for anything rose gold it just makes the brushes look that bit more special haha! I'm definitely tempted to pick these up, I am definitely in need of some new brushes xx

    Toni
    clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, what a gorgeous set this is! Dont think ive seen or heard much about this collection, but they look and sound amazing!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so lovely I just had to have them! xx

      Delete
  12. At first blush, I thought these were the RT brushes. I'm not that familiar with Zoeva but lately I've been thinking is high time I become more familiar. They seem like great brushes and are always being featured. :-)


    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such great quality at amazing prices :) xx

      Delete
  13. This rose gold set is stunning and has a much better variety of brushes than the previous rose gold set. Will not buy it because I don't need it but wouldn't mind getting it as a present. :) x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this review! I have been after some Zoeva brushes for ages, but can't decide what set to get!
    Abi | RamblingsofaBlonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hard to choose isn't it? I just had to get both haha xx

      Delete
  15. This set looks absolutely stunning, the holder is such a lovely addition to the set :) I’m really torn about this set because as beautiful as it looks I’m not sure about the range of the brushes as the first seemed to contain so many brushes that were perfect for me :/

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm if you prefer the look of these you could always grab the regular single brushes of some from the original set as well? xx

      Delete
  16. Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of rose gold so this definitely isn't the set for me, even though they do look beautiful! I've just ordered my first Zoeva set so I'm super excited for that to arrive! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love them - the brushes are amazing quality! xx

      Delete
  17. These are gorgeous! Zoeva do some lovely brushes. I've been tempted to order a set, but I think i'll go for the originals first because of the brush selection. I'd definitely be tempted to add these to my collection too though.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as I said I think the brushes in the original are definitely more your 'essentials' than these! xx

      Delete
  18. Ah I really need to suck it up and buy one of these sets! I really want the flat contouring brush though, would be so useful xx

    Through New Eyes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always buy that one individually in the standard finish if you don't go for this set :) it really is amazing! xx

      Delete
  19. omg the rose gold brushes are just to die for! Definitely on my wishlist
    Almsee

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I definitely need to invest in these brushes. They look like such a dream! Rose gold everything please!
    x

    rememberrayneblog.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  21. The face paint brush is first on my pay day wishlist, the reviews on it look great! So long to wait but gonna be so worth it! xx http://cottonandcandie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, these are SO beautiful! The Luxe Crease brush looks perfect, I don't have any like that

    Kat | www.kathorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo good! The Petite Crease Brush from the original set is also a must-have :) xx

      Delete
  23. Ok, these are hands down the set I need! :D I love that you describe each brush individually,really useful :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have an original Zoeva brush kit with just the normal black detailing, but you're almost convincing me to get this set too! I love the look of the first flat top brush. The temptation is real..

    Zoe xo
    z0elouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you do get a good selection of brushes that expand on what you got in the first set... ;) xx

      Delete
  25. Thank god I have brushes enough, or I would have to spend money on these haha... They are so gorgeous!! I could almost buy these to store in a pretty jar for decoration only, ugh they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt haha - luckily they're great brushes too! xx

      Delete
  26. Those brushes are so gorgeous! I have the gun metal pink ones and am in love!

    Angie x | Chocolate & Lipstick || UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. They look so pretty! I'm so torn about which set to get!

    Sophie x | SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pretty! I really want one of their rose gold sets x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  29. These brushes are so pretty! I love all of their rose gold brushes and now I am so undecided about which set to go for... I'll probably end up having to get them both!
    Ottilie xx

    www.oisforottilie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Jasmine. I just stumbled on to your blog! I've been wanting to splurge on these Zoeva brushes for some time & I think I might just take the plunge after reading your review! Do the nude colored handles get dirty fast? Or does the paint on the handles wear down?that would be helpful for me to choose between these or the pink ones :) By the way, I'm obsessed with your rose gold lamp - where is it from? Hope to hear from you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The handles don't wear down but now I've had both sets almost a year the rose gold on some of them has tarnished a bit. I would recommend the original set over the volume 2 though as they just have more everyday brushes that will see more use.
      The lamp is from Homebase.
      Hope this helps! Xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you Jasmine! I might just stay away from the rose gold altogether if they're tarnishing after nearly 1 year of use. I appreciate your honesty!! I may just opt for the regular black set (or maybe the pink ones if you haven't dealt with them tarnishing) in hopes the tarnishing doesn't happen with them :) if you have any thoughts of the wear for any of the other colored set please let me know. Thank you for helping me! Xoxo

      Delete
    3. I haven't tried the other sets but I would personally still just get the Rose Gold 1 as I think they still look nicer, however if you like one of the others give them a go! Xx

      Delete
  31. The pink rose gold packaging along with the acrylic holder are so tempting! I already own the Zoeva eye brush set but never tried any of their face brushes...maybe I will finally try their Rose Gold 1 set now since it seems to have better variety for face brushes! Great honest review Jasmine now I can finally make a decision :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sucg a great blog, very beautiful set of makeup brushes..Thank you so much!

    If you have time, you can also visit this website: http://blushies.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - I read and appreciate every single one :)

There's no need to spam - I will check out your blog if you leave a click-able link under a genuine comment!

If you have a question please check back for my reply or tweet me @jasminetalksblg

xx

© Jasmine Talks Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig