20150322

Skincare from the Body Shop | Review




I can't believe it took me until 2015 to try the Body Shop's skincare products! Shame on me! I think maybe it was because I tend to go more for science-based pharmacy products, however the Body Shop has emerged as one of my favourite skincare brands.

I don't think I paid full price for any of these (the Body Shop do amazing online discounts very frequently), however they're so engrained in my routine I would re-purchase these at full price if I ran out of any of them as they're still very reasonably-priced. I've accumulated products from a fair few of their lines and I have combination skin so there are a mixture of bits to reduce blemishes as well as for hydration.

The Warming Mineral Mask (£10) is fantastic for any skin type. I love the warming sensation as you rub it into your skin and it doesn't dry hard, if that's something you dislike. After I wash it off my skin feels so clean, clear and refreshed. It's also a great option if you can't be bothered with the mess of standard face masks.

I don't know what I was doing before I discovered these two products, but now I can't imagine removing my makeup any other way! I think I reach for the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter (£12) slightly more but it really depends what I'm going for. The Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil (£10) is also fabulous. I prefer the butter as you don't need a cotton wool pad and I find it more comfortable to use on my eyes, however if I want to relax and do a bit of a facial massage or if the butter isn't going to be practical then I'll use the oil. Both simply melt your makeup right away; it's so easy, gentle and fast. I wouldn't be scared off if you have oily or combination skin too by the way as I've never experienced a breakout from them. If anything I've been getting less breakouts because of how thoroughly they remove your makeup.

Toners aren't something it's that easy to get excited over, but I really like the Aloe Calming Toner (£8.50). Firstly, I'm impressed with how long this bottle has lasted me! There's still plenty and I've been using this since the first week of January. It's really nice and soothing. If you've ever had sensitivity from harsh toners then this is a much better alternative. I feel it removes any remnants of oil, dirt or makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft.

The cheapest of the bunch is the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Face Wash (£5). The gel formula means it's one for oilier skin types. I use this in the morning as it's so refreshing and invigorating and removes any oiliness as well as reducing redness and soreness. As my skin is combination I can sometimes find these types of blemish-attacking products a little harsh and drying, however not this one. It really helps spots without sucking the moisture out of your skin.

Personally, I use the Vitamin E Moisture Cream (£11) as a night cream. I like to use hydrating products over night when no one will see my shiny face! They also do a night cream and an intense version, however you could certainly wear this in the day if you have a dry skin type. I find this so beautifully hydrating and even on my skin I don't feel it leaves a lot of excess; it just sinks right in and works its magic!

Finally I have the Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator (£10). This is a great 2-in-1 product as it's a gel formula with exfoliating beads in it, so if you're using this you really don't need to use a cleanser as well. It's very gentle and not at all gritty. As you rub it into your damp skin it foams up, leaving your skin clean, fresh and exfoliated. I didn't find my pores looked any smaller, however my blemishes have definitely cleared up.


All in all the Body Shop have a fantastic, affordable range and whatever your skin type, you could probably use this brand alone for your entire routine!

Have you tried the Body Shop's skincare products? Which do you recommend?


 


Don't forget to follow me on:

Share:

70 comments

  1. I'm totally with you on this and am absolutely loving skincare from The Body Shop at the moment! I'm also a huge fan of the camomile range and love that there are frequent discounts! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right - I go on a splurge whenever they do a discount haha xx

      Delete
  2. I have never tried any skincare products from the Bodyshop, some of these sound lovely. Love your little candles too! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their Vitamin E range, I use their moisturiser and body lotion daily. My skins been breaking out a lot recently so I bought a sachet of their Tea Tree face mask to try tonight as I've heard really good things.

    Roxie ♥
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like Tea Tree :) Vitamin E is so hydrating! xx

      Delete
  4. I need to try some of these as they sound amazing, especially the Camomile Cleansing Oil. I am guilty of not trying any of The Body Shop's skincare range and have only ever tried a travel sized shower gel and lip balm. x

    Jordan | Keep Dreaming ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely give it a look - especially as it's 40% off at the moment! xx

      Delete
  5. It sounds like I need to start using The Body Shop skincare as all of these products sound so amazing! I especially love the sound of the tea tree face wash as it sounds for me as I have combination skin. The face mask sounds so great too! x

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love The Body Shop's skincare, I use the tea tree face wash as well it's so good! I've always been wanting to try the Camomile cleansing butter

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's seriously changed the way I remove my makeup! xx

      Delete
  7. I've been seeing Body Shop reviews everywhere. I think I need to take myself down there.
    Gorgeous selection.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check them out their range is hue so there's something for all skin types! xx

      Delete
  8. I think I need a pamper kit from the body shop! It all looks so beautiful :)

    www.emilyroseperrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's great you can get everything from your toner to your bubble bath from there :) xx

      Delete
  9. I will have to try the skin care line from the body shop. Thank you so much for sharing!

    -Roxanne Carmen
    Http://www.myfashionontherox.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ps. The tea tree face wash sounds right up my ally I can't wait to try it!!! I love blog posts like these that are informative! Will keep checking back for more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am also loving The Body Shop skincare products, my favourite range is definitely Vitamin E but I'm currently using products from the Drops of Youth range and they're also great (just not mad on the packaging). I'm hoping to try a few products from the Vitamin C range next x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was intrigued by Drops of Youth but was waiting to hear some opinions :) xx

      Delete
  12. Love the whole seaweed line, it's just perfect for my combination skin. At the moment enjoying the same peeling that you have, it's the best for this price out there:)

    http://oksiblueberry.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to pick more stuff up from that range as I love the one product I have! xx

      Delete
  13. I absolutely love The Body Shop these days and the fact that they have so much to choose from! I definitely need to try one of their masks x

    JoBrlw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I never knew their skincare range was so extensive! xx

      Delete
  14. I love the Seaweed range by Body Shop I swear by it for calming my combination skin without being too drying to the none oiler areas. I'll have to try out the Tea Tree face wash.

    Lauren xo
    Porcelain Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely need to grab a few more bits from the Seaweed range after reading these comments :) xx

      Delete
  15. I love The Body Shop - they have so many gorgeous items and so many beautiful ranges!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeek! I can't believe it's taken you so long to try The Body Shop! So many good products. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love The Body Shop, but haven't tried these products before! They sound amazing! x


    kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defintiely give a few of them a go - there's so much choice! xx

      Delete
  18. Ooh great picks, I don’ think I’ve ever tried any of their skincare either, the warming mineral mask sounds really interesting and I like that it doesn’t dry hard as sometimes the masks end up feeling like Botox hehe.

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah if you hate that feeling this one's for you xx

      Delete
  19. I love Body Shop for skincare, if you like their tea tree range then you should try out the night lotion, its my favourite from the range! :)

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've longed to try the body shop's skincare range, especially their face masks. I really want to get one now! x

    Jasmine || blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's 40% off everything at the moment so I'd go for it ;) xx

      Delete
  21. Tea tree products for the win! So good for your skin! X

    Taylor Swift style steel on the blog-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't tried any of the skincare range from The Body Shop but you have literally just sold it all to me Jasmine! Such a great roundup of the products you use - I am definitely going to be placing an order next time they have an online discount :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really need to try the Camomile Cleansing Butter and Oil I've heard such good things. I use the Tea Tree Oil face wash in the morning too, it feels clearing but not harsh at all. Sometimes I like to leave it on for a few minutes to give a slightly deeper clean.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so great for removing makeup! And that's a really good idea - I'll try it :) xx

      Delete
  24. I adore the skincare range The Body Shop has to offer, especially the Aloe collection. Have you tried Good Things skincare? If not then I'd definitely recommend them, I'm sure that you'd love them!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually picked up a few bits after reading your post on them and have to say I'm impressed :D xx

      Delete
  25. I LOVE the Vitamin E range, it's such a lovely and nourishing range! xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree - perfect for dehydrated days! xx

      Delete
  26. I have yet to try anything from The Body Shop's skincare range, but I've heard some great things. The seaweed pore cleansing sounds really fantastic.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  27. I made a list of all the products I want to try from the Body Shop since last year and still haven't gone buying them. Time to go do so

    xx

    LightsFashionBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the Camomile Cleansing Butter, it made my skin so lovely! I want to try out so many of these especially the Seaweed Facial Exfoliator!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a lovely review! I'll have to try some body shop skincare xx

    lotsofloveliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't tried much from the Body Shop skincare range lately apart from an eye cream, but I probably need a new exfoliator so I might check it out :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing Jasmine! I've never tried any bodyshop skincare products either! Great review :)

    www.georgiajade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't before Christmas but the range is huge! xx

      Delete
  32. I know the exact person who would love that warming mask! Fabulous!



    Angie x | Chocolate & Lipstick || UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey babe, how are you?
    Lovely post though, following you..
    I've only just started blogging.
    Visit me whenever you have time;

    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Anyway have a good day!
    Kisses xXx

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love The Body Shop's tea tree line, including their face wash and their foaming cleanser :)

    emmawiths.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have the Warming mask and I LOVE it!! It feels so amazing and is different from other masks I've tried, I love the warmness! I also have the Tea Tree range which is amazing too, love the tingly feeling you get! I just went a bit wild in my local outlet store at the weekend and bought loads of stuff! You should try the Shea Body Mist it smells fab!

    Jackie | Beauty Bundle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try one of their body sprays - a few people have recommended them! So annoyed I only learned of their greatness after I placed my last 40% off order! Shea sounds just my thing xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment - I read and appreciate every single one :)

There's no need to spam - I will check out your blog if you leave a click-able link under a genuine comment!

If you have a question please check back for my reply or tweet me @jasminetalksblg

xx

© Jasmine Talks Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig